Heya, it’s Maria.
Wow, it took a while, but I’m finally done with 4.1.
Now, Rance 4.1 is kind of an odd game in that it’s a 16-bit program for Windows 3.1, and when Microsoft made their 64-bit operating systems, they decided to remove support for running 16-bit programs.
So we’ve got two downloads, one for 32-bit systems and a Linux Virtual Machine for 64-bit systems.
Here are some handy instructions for ya:
Running on 32-bit operating systems: (Windows 2000, XP, Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 32-bit)
* Download this (includes readme)
* Extract it somewhere
* Install _inmm if you don’t already have it installed.
* Run Launcher.exe, not SYSTEM3.EXE.
Running on 64-bit operating systems:
* Download this (download readme separately because SLC forgot to include it)
* Download and install Oracle VirtualBox from
* Within VirtualBox, do “File > Import Appliance”
* Select the file “Rance41 VM.ova”
Hopefully 4.2 won’t take as long!